Now that the cold has arrived, imagery curling with the heat of fire to read a good book seems like an increasingly desirable choice, so chimney start to take the center of attention.
With winter coming, eternal fears arise about whether we want to keep the house warm during the coldest days: now it's time to check the radiatordoor and window insulation or consider other, more drastic measures, such as improving roof insulation, if you live in an attic or a single-family home.
Fireplaces, in addition, along with wood burning stoves, one of the most efficient options for heating a house, also perfect if we try to combine practical elements with more decorative ones. If you also consider installing a fireplace at home It is important that you tell yourself about certain aspects before your adventure.
There is different types of fireplaces, coatings or stoves on the market depends on your taste and needs. The first thing you must remember, first of all, is the space you want to heat up. Make a list of your priorities: identify any space in your home that you want to receive more heat, then weigh what is most important to you, maintenance, performance, cleanliness … Each of these features will make you pour for one model or the other.
Remember that, to a greater or lesser extent, your fireplace will require installation, so it's always a good idea to think long-term and consider the fireplace not only as a decorative element but as the main method of keeping your home warm:
Calculate your space well
This will no doubt be one of the most important steps when choosing a fireplace. Easier to carefully calculate the space that we have and study well the dimensions of your stay and the location where you want to put it. For this, it is always advisable to go to a professional who can advise us properly.
On the other hand, if you don't have one smoke ducts, it doesn't have to be a problem, because there's always the possibility of building it from scratch according to the space you have. You only need to adjust the budget to the size of the installation you need.
Choose the right fireplace
When we think of chimneys, the picture that usually comes to our mind is a traditional fireplace, open, with firewood and carved into a wall of sturdy dark stones. However, there are currently hundreds of models that are adapted to different needs, so this is usually the case classified according to the form of combustion . As for the design, the truth is that technological innovation has raised so many possibilities that it is difficult to assign certain categories. Some are embedded in the walls, cellphones, closed, exposed, and even hang from the ceiling. At the end of this article, we have left you one of us gallery so you can get an idea of the unlimited options available.
Type of combustion
- Wood Fireplaces: they are is "the lifetime", without cover, of those who need poker to fan the fire. Although they have an important aesthetic component, this type of fireplace is not very efficient, because the heat is "easy to escape", not to mention the cost of firewood itself. Finally, it is important to underline also the importance of cleaning this type of chimney, because the resulting waste can endanger our health.
- Gas fireplace: this is a chimney which, instead of firewood, uses pilot and gas fires, following the same operation as a traditional kitchen stove. The advantage of this type of chimney is that these chimneys produce almost no waste, but usually have, as opposed to, much higher prices, and they do not hold heat when turned off.
- Bioethanol fireplaces: they are is the cleanest and most environmentally friendly and, like a gas fireplace, do not produce smoke, with the difference that bioethanol emits between 40% and 80% less greenhouse gases.
- Pellet fireplace: they is a chimney that works with a type of fuel that is environmentally friendly and cheaper than firewood and has great energy efficiency.
- Electric fireplace: it is a type of chimney that does not need a working channel or gas because it is enough to connect it to the electricity grid.
We have a number of inspiring ideas, commenting on how you feel about the cozy fireplace: